Although the weather in London doesn’t feel much like summertime this year, it’s never a bad time to enjoy a fresh salad and try out a new homemade dressing to go with it!
Ingredients (for the dressing)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp basil, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Firstly you want to select your favourite salad vegetables, and prepare them how you like.
(I chose lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and sweetcorn)
- Gather the ingredients for the dressing,
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and sugar.
- Mix with a fork or small whisk to allow all the sugar to dissolve.
- To that add the minced garlic, Dijon mustard and olive oil.
- Mix everything together until fully incorporated and the olive oil doesn’t separate.
- Stir in finely chopped fresh basil and parsley and combine well.
- Taste the dressing, and add a bit of salt and pepper to taste if it needs.
- Serve and enjoy.